Saturday 4 October 2014

NEW, OLD!!!

Yeah it's been a while.  So what?

Anyways, I've been terribly busy with work but last night I finally had a chance to do something for fun, for me-
I took this old painting:



Blue Jesus Playing a Green Sitar

And I worked on it some more.  Digitally.  I've always loved this painting and considered it one of my favourites if not my absolute favourite.  But there were a few areas that bugged me.  Not to mention that the "professional scan" I got done also had some flaws. Like that light glare over the darker green background, and glare within the black outlining.  Now that I professionally photograph artwork myself, looking back at this old digital copy makes me think I could do a much better job myself.  Which is encouraging.  Anyways, besides correcting the flaws of the scan, I also let myself digitally re-work this whole painting, and the new version, for now, is thus:



But as usual, I couldn't stop there, so I switched things up to make a few more versions:






Maybe I got carried away.  So what?


No comments:

Post a Comment